Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Uncertainty

While listening to the Flaming Lips latest album, I believe the overall statement is one of uncertainty. It might be why I haven't been listening to it. It is a great album, but I think because of the economic situation, I have listened to it less than any other Flaming Lips album. It is making me fear the future. I think it is a reaction to the previous admistration placing fear into us on a daily basis. The title of the album is "Embryonic," and it makes sense to not know about tomorrow as a baby or a child, but to keep improving and expanding your knowledge, not to cower in fear of the world. I am trying to learn this lesson while I start my branch of architecture, the beginning is unknown, and that is what is thrilling! How am I going to define my own future?! Embracing the uncertain future is quintessential Lips. I think I have more to learn from them about planning a future, but not being a slave to the present, embracing uncertainty and the will of the planets!

No comments:

Post a Comment