Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Horoscope

Just every once in a while I find a written item or verse that drives me to get further in life. One is a fortune cookie saying, "Don't wait for your ship to come in, swim out to it." Another is from a horoscope: Where will you be at noon, five years from now? Then this verse pushes me rather hard when I know more is out there: "Every day there's a boy in the mirror asking me...What are you doing here?..Finding all my previous motives...Growing increasingly unclear." This line is from the Kings of Convenience, a Norwegian, modern Simon and Garfunkel. I am not casting aspersions on myself for using these as pick-me-ups, but having a plan, making your own way, and not being satisfied with the status quo are notions that push me to improve my life. The only negative is that there no signs or signals about the recession that keeps the architecture industry in the doldrums. If we collectively work to improve the built environment, then each of our jobs becomes more relevant and our talents will be recognized for the positives we bring to the table.

No comments:

Post a Comment