Sunday, December 20, 2009

Loving the city

One of my favorite bands, Saint Etienne, love to love their city, London. Having been there only once for under a week, I was totally enamored with the place. I can understand extolling the virtues and stories of metropolitan areas. As much I love cities, I have not been able to express it musically. Otherwise, I love cities and extol their opportunities when talking about architecture and the suburbs, obviously as a counterpoint to where we currently live. There are many other artists, movies, and other art forms for the city scape, but there aren't similar items for the mall-ified sprawl-burbs. There are some stories about how bland the existence is, but not a same amount of love expressed to the city. Am I in denial about how much I love the suburbs and can't find a way to exploit the developer spawned growth?

No comments:

Post a Comment