Friday, April 9, 2010

Sad Day

This is a bit of a project that I worked on while in Pittsburgh. This is a B&B in Delmont, Westmoreland Co. Mostly accessibility issues, not much design, but was a nice project and a great way to work on the edges of residential, light commercial. The owner was a very nice woman, and I reviewed the website before our trip, everything looked great. The bad side, was when E and I arrived to take some pix, there was a "For Sale" sign in the front yard. Nobody was at the building, so I took as many pix as I could, just to show that I do work on projects not exclusively residential in background. Another thing I learned from this and other projects in Pittsburgh is that we received many cold calls from potential clients because Astorino is at the beginning of the alphabet. I should have named my firm Aardvark and taken all the work I can smell out! We are going to return to Oakland for the newest building on CMU's campus in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment