Saturday, December 18, 2010

Meaning of "Architect"

I continue to read articles and hear advertisements for people to be "architects" of this or that. When the AIA hears someone that is in the field that is not a registered architect, they will prosecute. When is it alright to co-op a professions' title continually? If I continued to call myself a "space-doctor", I imagine that at some point the AMA would chase after me. I have worked to become an architect, in the classical term, for years at school, finish exams, and intern. It is a compliment and insult that the title is used by so many others. Obviously other professions aspire to our level of work, but don't care to leave their names alone. I shall work on creating a new interpretation of "architect" using other trades' titles! Suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment