Saturday, January 2, 2010

Top 10 Music

Music is very important to me, but recently, I have no connection to people that help me weed out music selections and learn about new bands. Considering I listen to music at work during the day, that is the primary way for me to get into new music. The local radio stations have been doing a poor job and rotating in new music, so I try to use amazon.com's recommendations along with itunes when I purchase music. Even when using these services, I miss stuff. I also can't list other great albums, because I haven't heard them! Nonetheless, here is my list of great music from 2009, not necessarily from 1-7, but the best 7.

Morrissey-Years of Refusal-only one (1) song that doesn't totally rule!

Depeche Mode-Sounds of the Universe-Great summer pool music

Air-Love 2-Another great chill electro-jazz disc

Flaming Lips-Embryonic-compliments to the unknown nature of our world, examining the rules we make for ourselves and how they can rule us

Stardeath and White Dwarfs-The Birth-an excellent debut from the nephew of head Lip Wayne Coyne

Phoenix-Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix-another great French electro rock outfit party disc

Jarvis Cocker-Further Complications-further Pulp! thankfully more from the former Pulp frontman

No comments:

Post a Comment